Sunday 6 January 2013

Twitter Account hacked

Twitter hack Direct Message (DM) bit.ly link
 I had recently received a direct message in Twitter with a bit.ly link. When i clicked on the link it weirdly redirected me to twitter login page even though i had logged in earlier. Today i noticed that there were lot of phony tweets posted by me in my profile. I realised that my Twitter account had been hacked. I remembered that I had also replied back to that direct message. I saw a lot of similar direct messages today in my account which i promptly deleted. I immediately  changed my password and removed all the Applications that have been authorised by me earlier. These two were the most important steps listed by Twitter Help article. It also asks the users to remove any phony tweets not made by the user and also delete all the direct messages too.

No comments:

Post a Comment